varnish to make them glossy and hopefully preserve them better. They have kept their brilliant colors for 5 years now. Try taking your kids for a walk around your neighborhood and see what you can find then make your own collage.
1. I would recommend drying the leaves well (microwaving is one option) so they may dry more flat and not look as wrinkly. For more tips on preserving leaves click here.
2. I laid all the leaves out on the picture mat in the design I thought looked best.
3. I carefully sprayed them so they would have a nice even cover of varnish.
4. Let the varnish air dry (I waited 2 hours).
5. Stick the glass frame on top then add the wood frame.