We have most of the Dr. Seuss games made by Wonder Forge and my kids have enjoyed them all and played them over and over. See my review of What’s in the Cat’s Hat and the Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! game here.
One Fish Two Fish Search Game Review
This week we tried the One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish search game. My kids, ages 6 and 8, played it with their cousin all on their own after I explained the general rules. You get to pick a card with an object on it then spin the spinner telling you your options of where to search. If you find the item you get to collect the card (there a few more details).
The only rule I changed was that we played until everyone had collected enough pie-shaped cards to make a circle (six). The rules say the first one to six wins but that normally makes my kids upset, they each want to finish the game.
They had so much fun making waves (shaking the box). Of course we had to eat some swedish fish for our snack while playing the game.
Younger kids may need more direction with finding what puzzle piece to remove from the search box, but they’ll love spinning the spinner, shaking the box and searching for the toy pieces. Even my 19 month-old had fun looking in the search box. I like that the little pieces are contained which makes for a quick clean up. We will be playing this game over and over. It is simple for kids to understand and entertaining to keep them occupied for 20-30 minutes.
GAME GIVAWAYWonder Forge has generously offered to give away five of their games to five different readers of obSEUSSed. Here are the games they are giving away.
Dr. Seuss games by Wonder Forge
- Dr. Seuss 1 Fish 2 Fish
- Dr. Seuss Matching
- Dr. Seuss 4 in 1 Games Cube
- Dr. Seuss Wood ABC Puzzle
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Deluxe
- Click here to Visit Wonder Forge to see all of their Dr. Seuss games and puzzles.
- Come back here to enter, tell me (in a comment below) which game you’d like to try if you had your choice (include your email address in the comment). If you have played any of these games, I’d love to hear which one is your favorite too. Only one comment/entry per person.
- Contest runs March 1- March 8, 2012. Five winners will be randomly selected to win one of the five games mentioned (winner and game will be randomly matched). Contest ends 12 pm EST March 8, 2012. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. Wonder Forge will send the winners a game after their email has been confirmed and address received. If there is not a response to email within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Thank you for entering!
- Disclosure: I received a free copy of the 'One Fish Two Fish’ game from Wonder Forge for review. We previously owned many of their games because we love them. All opinions and experiences are my own.