Fox on Blocks: Dr. Seuss Activity Blocks
Thursday, November 11, 2010
I just came across this inspirational craft from Mandy from the Sugar Bee Craft Edition blog. All 6 sides have a different interactive activity for your child to play with.
The blocks have 6 sides so there are 6 different activities:
1. Word Game – using “fox in socks” arrange these blocks to create lots of fun and crazy rhyme sentences.
2. Puzzle – even older kids enjoy the puzzle – it can be tricky because the blocks rotate so you have to figure which way is up.
3. Look Alike - match pictures that look alike – one is odd man out.
4. Color Naming – perfect for younger kids – name colors, have them find them, let them name colors – even “rainbow” is included.
5. Counting Fish – one fish two fish – find the blocks with specific numbers of fish, group them in “less than” “greater than” and many other fun things can be done with this side.
6. Body Parts Mix-up - head-body-feet of three “things” – match them all up, or have fun mixing them up.