TIM TEBOW READS GREEN EGGS & HAM
Starting today you can watch famous football player, Tim Tebow, read Green Eggs and Ham online for 'America's Biggest Storytime' from Book It. Click the title then 'watch now' at the top of the page. Also watch his interview after the story. I was impressed to learn Tebow overcame dislexia as a child. Also check out all the fun printables they have to go with the book.
Now, about the Green Eggs & Ham Snack Tray
My kids love having snacks after school so I made this tray for them to load up to take to the family room then return to the kitchen when finished.
This is our favorite book for St. Patrick’s day. And anytime I want to introduce a new food I remind them of this book. I tell them ‘you have to try it once, then decide.’
I remember when my son cracked 18 eggs all by himself while I was out of the kitchen, so we made green eggs and ham for dinner and breakfast.
- Wooden craft tray, craft paints, paint sponge brushes, clear sealer craft paint, smaller paint brush, permanent marker, book page image, stickers.
- Use craft paint to paint inside and outside of tray – choose bright colors
- Use a pencil to trace the bottom of a cup and a plate in the spots you choose. Click on the image to make it larger to see the drawing.
- Also draw utensils and a napkin if you’d like them.
- Glue the image from the book on so it will have time to dry.
- Paint the images on the tray with different colored craft paint.
- Let dry at least 30 minutes. Outline the images with a sharpie permanent marker.
- Let the paint and marker completely dry then seal with a clear coat of craft paint. Let it dry before using.
- I found green fuzzy stickers in the clearance bin and they matched perfectly for this craft. I stuck them on the side of the tray. If you have a vinyl cutting machine you could print out words or some of these images with vinyl to stick on the tray.
I found the figurine of Sam I Am at a yard sale in the box for $8. It is a retired piece from Halmark. I added him for display only.
‘Do You Like Green Eggs and Ham?’
'Try them and you may I say.’
I've shared this project at Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap-Up Party